BEN'S CONCH

My girlfriend's breath sings from within.
I march methodically across the sands,
Under moonlight on this chilly Pacific beach,
A magic feeling of emptiness in my heart.


By the grace of what to my eyes appears,
I become unable to hold back an exquisite delight!
I have discovered another piece of your sorcery, dear!
I coo with a parched, crisp exhilaration, joy bursting past gravity. 
I lift the elegant shell from the wet sands.
I study the weight of the gnarled treasure,
Securing my grip on its shape with a flexing strength of my fingers.


I rinse the conch in rolling saltwater.
My shoes and pants are soaked.
My heart cruises like a stampede of dolphins,
As I bring the cherry blossom chateau to my head.


My face is kissed by a lush swath of ocean,
As I ecstatically reunite with your precious voice.
From within the little mollusk catacombs,
Your star-lighted love songs of infinity.
We will always be together.