BY THE LIGHT OF THE TOOTH FAIRY

You lifted this rock for grubs and scorpions,
While the desert melted on us, our minds folding like fans.
Did you catch a sight of our choked, swampy love?  
So real!
The muck underfoot, it holds God knows what, eh?
Maybe it's God's casserole, eh?
It's so thick,
Like milk when I add too much chocolate powder,
Which is actually a D.I.Y. delicacy in my book.
I can make the chocolate pop out dry,
When I wait, tipping my glass of milk, 
Letting the liquid roll back off the chocolate dune below.
So, I left you at your house, then,
Where we'd flown our peace-dove flags,
And made our salutes and cheers,
And signed our little treaties of easy brotherhood.
And I know you currently sprint inside of a beer bottle,
While I can't resist clocking your time.
I like how we go skipping across broken records,
One angel dangling from another.

SCA 2000