TRAFFIC LIGHT BLUE

I wave. I wave a lot.
I wave so much, when driving,
They say I will be killed in Oakland,
If I were driving through,
To go to Pick and Pull.
I wave so much,
My road-doggies laugh at me,
When riding along,
With me, or me with them.
I wave so much,
The other drivers don't know,
Whether they should stay,
Or go, yield, or flow.
I wave.  I'm waving right now!

When I was a boy,
There was a man on the corner,
That waved at all the drivers,
Driving by his house,
In Berkeley.
He waved from his yard,
And when my Mom and I passed by,
We would wave back, and smile back,
And it seemed this man would,
Help make peace in the world,
Maybe help a lot.

The knights, I'm told,
Greeted each other with a wave,
So the other would know,
A sword was not being drawn.
I wave a lot, and nod, and smile, and bow.
But I do not live in the East Bay.
I live in Novato.
I think I may be the only one here,

Trying to help make peace in the world.
I wave so much. I wave a lot. I wave.
I'm waving right now!

SCA, October, 2009